Community involvement, creative business, social innovation and a strong work ethic is at the heart of everything Nicole does. She’s started movements, advocated for change and respected the legacies of her predecessors.
It feels good to live in Northumberland-Peterborough South, which is why Nicole is proud to be seeking the nomination of the Liberal Party of Ontario to be the next MPP for the riding. She’s an ideaist, an innovative thinker, a collaborator, and a get-things-done implementer. She believes that the region is on the cusp of exciting change, which is why it’s important to her to play an active role in progressing towards its future while preserving its heritage and history.
Nicole is filled with ambition and believes Northumberland-Peterborough is a leader in Eastern Ontario with the investments its municipalities and townships are making in its agricultural and technology sectors. She also believes the riding offers some of the best recreational, cultural, waterfront, heritage, food and rural experiences in the province.
Nicole’s particular expertise includes project management, revenue diversification, business planning for social enterprises, stakeholder engagement, grant writing, creating culinary tourism experiences and policy writing.
She’s proud of the roles she’s been entrusted with to date and will consider it an honour and a privilege to serve the people of Northumberland-Peterborough South.
Nicole’s local community building and volunteer leadership experiences since moving back home in 2013 include:
- Councillor, Town of Cobourg (Planning and Development Advisory Committee, Heritage Advisory Committee, Equity Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Homeless Liaison)
- Board Executive, Northumberland–Peterborough South Federal Liberal Association
- Board Director, Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority (GRCA)
- Program Lead, Local Food for Local Good’s COVID-19 Mobile Student Nutrition Program
- Chair, Think Tiny Homes Northumberland
- Board Member, Northumberland Food Policy Council
- Co-Chair, Canada 150 Celebration Committee, Town of Cobourg
- Founder, 100 Women Who Care Northumberland
- Co-Founder, Cultivate Festival (Cultivate Community)
- Co-Chair, CDCI West Alumni Celebrations Committee
- Treasurer and Board Chair, Sounds of the Next Generation