COBOURG, ONTARIO, April 23, 2021 – Local advocate, entrepreneur and Municipal Councillor Nicole Beatty announced today that she is seeking the nomination of the Liberal Party of Ontario to be the next MPP for Northumberland-Peterborough South.
Born and raised in Cobourg, Ontario, Nicole has been an advocate for positive change and collaboration through her work on the Ganaraska Region Conservation Authority board, as Co-Founder of Cultivate Festival, as the volunteer Executive Director of Local Food for Local Good and as the CEO of her own community development and project management company.
“I’m proud to call the Northumberland-Peterborough South riding my home. I believe my community work, business experience and leadership roles make me a strong candidate to represent my family, friends and neighbours, championing issues that affect their quality of life,” says Beatty.
“My decision to run in provincial politics is the best way for me to give back to a community that raised me and to help contribute to its future and the people that live here.”
Ms. Beatty identifies these key pillars as being central to her campaign:
- Attracting new industries that provide a living wage job
- Investing in our youth
- Removing barriers to building mixed use housing and inclusive communities
- Protecting our agricultural land and supporting our farmers
- Reforming policy that puts small businesses at the forefront of our communities
- Strengthening our broadband infrastructure and transit networks
- Advocating for environmental sustainability and conservation
- Building capacity for education and mental health resources
- Remodelling long term and at-home care so our seniors can live with dignity and in comfort
Nicole’s passion, drive and dedication has helped raise over $30 million for various local, national and international causes over her many years on volunteer boards, working for non-profits and local charities.
To sign up to help Nicole secure the nomination, visit:
For media inquiries contact:
Candidate, Ontario Liberal Party Nomination for Northumberland-Peterborough South